Call for Nominations
The Nomination Period is 1 February – 31 July.The IEEE SA Awards and Recognition Committee (ArCom) is responsible for the administration of awards presented by IEEE SA. For questions about the process, email [email protected].
The IEEE SA Awards ProcessThe information below describes the criteria and step-by-step instructions on submitting an IEEE SA awards nomination:
- How to choose the right IEEE SA Award (PDF)
- IEEE SA Awards FAQ
- Best Practices (PDF)
- How to complete an online nomination (PDF)
- How to submit an endorsement (PDF)
Submitting Your Nomination
- View list of IEEE SA Standards Awards. Select the applicable award. Check the criteria and eligibility requirements (PDF) to make sure that your candidate appears qualified for the award.
- Check the list of past recipients to make sure your candidate has not already won the same award.
- Past Recipients – Conformity Assessment Award
- Past Recipients – Corporate Award
- Past Recipients – Standards Board Distinguished Service Award
- Past Recipients – Emerging Technology Award
- Past Recipients – International Award
- Past Recipients – Lifetime Achievement Award
- Past Recipients – Standards Committee Award for Outstanding Contributions to Corporate Standards Development
- Past Recipients – Standards Medallion
- Identify 3-5 endorsers for the candidate. Endorsers will receive an auto-generated email upon final submission of the online nomination form. Nominators are encouraged to contact endorsers ahead of time to inform them of the upcoming endorsement request. Possible endorsers include professional colleagues or fellow volunteers. Letters that comment knowledgeably on the impact of the candidate’s specific achievements are helpful, and endorsers are encouraged to provide any information that would be relevant to the nominee’s candidacy. For example, endorsers may answer the following general questions:
- What are the candidate’s contributions that are deserving of recognition?
- What is your relationship to the candidate, and how have you gained your knowledge of his/her contributions to the development of standards products?
- How has the candidate demonstrated leadership in identifying opportunities to better serve the needs of standards users?
- If possible, please document the business, economic, and/or technical impact of the candidate’s contributions.
- If possible, please do not inform candidates that they are under consideration, since a limited number of recipients are chosen each year from among several worthy individuals.
- Nominees, nominators, and endorsers cannot currently be:
- Nominee cannot be deceased (no posthumous nominations).
- Nominee cannot self nominate.
- Nominee cannot have previously received an award in the category for which the nomination is submitted.
- IEEE SA Board of Governors
- IEEE SA Standards Board
- IEEE SA Operations Manual
- Nominate a party for this award
- View the 2019 awards ceremony