Standards Committee Award for Outstanding Contributions to Entity Standards
The IEEE SA Standards Committee Award for Outstanding Contribution to Entity Standards may be presented annually to IEEE Standards Committees that have shown exceptional support of the entity standards development process. This process embraces the direct representation of companies, government bodies, and academic institutions in the IEEE Standards process. This award is given to Standards Committees that have excelled in endeavors including but not limited to the following:
- Oversight of more than one entity-based standard, promoting the IEEE SA Entity Program.
- Standards Committee facilitation of formal industry input in the creation of IEEE Standards.
Recognition consists of an engraved wooden plaque.
The award is presented by the IEEE SA President at the SA Awards Ceremony
- Recipient honored at the IEEE SA Awards Ceremony (see previous ceremony)
- Honoree highlight via press release
- Recognition on IEEE SA website and social media post
This award is limited to IEEE SA Standards Committees. There are no restrictions or preferences as to the nationality, race, sex, creed or age.
Annual Deadline 31 July
Nominate a party for this award
Suggested Location for Presentation of Award
This award is to be presented to the Standards Committee chair or a Standards Committee representative at the annual IEEE SA Awards Ceremony. Alternatively, arrangements can be made to present the award at the Standard Committee’s major meeting. There is no funding from the IEEE SA for travel or accommodations at the award venue for the recipient.
This award is sponsored by the IEEE Standards Association, administered by the IEEE SA Awards and Recognition Committee.
Standards Committee Award for Outstanding Contributions to Corporate Standards Past Recipients
- IEEE Consumer Electronics Society Standards Committee
- “For exceptional leadership in entity-based standards development and industry engagement in the area of consumer technology”
- Communications Society Standards Board
- “For outstanding leadership in the development and promotion of high quality entity standards in the area of telecommunications”
- Design Automation Standards Committee
- “For pioneering and promoting the entity-based standards process and continuing to sponsor new design automation standards”
Join global thought leaders, industry & technology experts to help change the way people live, work & communicate. Learn more