New: Important Foreign National Entry Information to Japan
The Japanese government has announced that restrictions on new entries of foreign nationals will be lifted, effective 11 October 2022 (12:00 am JST).
Visas are no longer required to enter Japan for short-term stays within 90 days. ERFS (Entrants, Returnees Follow-up System) will also no longer be required. Visa exemptions for short-term stays apply only if you are a citizen of an eligible country (including the U.S., Canada, and Mexico). If your country is not eligible for visa exemptions, IEEE can provide you with the visa invitation letter to apply for a visa. Please complete and submit the Visa Invitation Letter form below.
Vaccination Requirements for Travelers
Fully vaccinated travelers (2 doses + booster shot)
- Download “Fast Track” App (My SOS)
- Valid COVID-19 vaccination certificate
*Complete your quarantine pre-registration at least 6 hours prior to scheduled arrival in Japan.
Visa Invitation Letter
Please complete the form below and submit. Please allow 5-10 days for processing. The form will include the following:
- Surname / Given name as same as shown in the passport
- Date of birth Year/Month/Day)
- Gender (Male/Female/Unknown)
- Passport number
- The rest of the info when you click on do you need a visa invitation remains the same (Country of Residence (required), Current Occupation (required), and Affiliation to IEEE)