IEEE SA Awards FAQ
Answers to questions about the Awards Nomination process.
- Are self-nominations allowed?
- When can I submit a nomination for an IEEE SA award?
- Who can submit a nomination or endorsement? Who can be nominated?
- Are nominations confidential?
- Who are the judges?
- Why do I need to login to complete a nomination form?
- Can I use any browser to submit a nomination?
Are self-nominations allowed?
Self-nominations are not allowed for IEEE SA awards.
When can I submit a nomination for an IEEE SA award?
Nominations for IEEE SA awards are accepted from 1 February until 31 July.
Who can submit a nomination or endorsement? Who can be nominated?
Any organization or person can be nominated. Candidates, nominators, and endorsers cannot currently be:
- An employee of IEEE
- An independent contractor to IEEE who is providing services to IEEE SA
- A voting member of the IEEE SA Board of Governors (BOG)
- A current member of IEEE SA Awards and Recognition Committee (ArCom)
- Deceased (no posthumous nominations)
- A past recipient of an award in the category for which the nomination is submitted.
Go to the specific award page to see the eligibility criteria for each award.
Are nominations confidential?
We ask that, if possible, nominators and endorsers do not inform candidates that they are under consideration, since a limited number of recipients are chosen each year from among several worthy individuals.
Who are the judges?
The IEEE SA Awards and Recognition Committee (ArCom) is responsible for administering the IEEE SA awards program. After the nomination period closes, ArCom acts on behalf of the BOG to receive nominations and recommend candidates for BOG approval, as appropriate, for IEEE standards awards.
Why do I need to login to complete a nomination form?
Login allows nominators to track their nominations, and to send reminders to endorsers. This added feature is intended to provide secure connections, to assure your privacy and that of the candidates.
Can I use any browser to submit a nomination?
The online nomination platform works best in Chrome, Firefox, and/or Internet Explorer 11 and up.