The outbreak of COVID-19, declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) by the World Health Organization (WHO), reminds us that pandemic surveillance is a globally important topic. The latest advancements in digital technologies such as Blockchain, we should be able to improve the efficiency and transparency of pandemic surveillance by building an omnidirectional platform that integrates the data interfaces of multiple industries (not only healthcare, but also other industries such as travel and transportation, telecommunications, retail, etc.) to better detect and respond to a pandemic.
This activity will fully embrace the concept of open-source and open-access, minimize or eliminate the paid-use of patents, and employ a non-profit business model for public good in order to serve the broadest diversity of mankind.
We welcome new participants from large and small corporations, academia, industry, and government agencies that are interested in the Global Initiative on Blockchain-based Omnidirectional Pandemic Surveillance.
Possible Industry Outcomes
Proposed deliverables and outcomes from this Industry Connections activity may include documents (e.g., white papers, reports), proposals for standards, conferences and workshops, databases, computer code, etc.
- New PARs for Blockchain-based Omnidirectional Pandemic Surveillance standards (Optional: open-source elements in one or more PARs);
- Open-source reference implementations for the new systems and applications needed in the Blockchain-based Omnidirectional Pandemic Surveillance;
- Workshops, webinars, white papers, reports, or articles to promote the Blockchain-based Omnidirectional Pandemic Surveillance regionally and globally;
- Commitments and consensuses from key stakeholders regionally and globally to adopt and support the Blockchain-based Omnidirectional Pandemic Surveillance (Optional: joint announcements, MOUs, or an entity-based alliance).
- The world would benefit from the greatly improved efficiency and transparency of pandemic surveillance regionally and globally;
- The profession would get a highly visible reference case of transforming the industries and the society with digital technologies (especially Blockchain).
How to Participate
To learn how to join the Global Initiative on Blockchain-based Omnidirectional Pandemic Surveillance team, please express your interest by sending an inquiry to: