Digital resilience has recently been elevated as a global priority for governments, development agencies, institutions, businesses, and society at large due to the vital and versatile role technology is playing to support the COVID-19 pandemic’s response, recovery, and rebuilding efforts.
This Industry Connections program focuses on the development of a framework that enables communities, villages, cities, regions, and countries to deploy architectures and select standardized technologies so they may address immediate and urgent needs during a crisis without sacrificing the long-term wellbeing and rights of people (their citizens, customers, and users) as a result of selecting a technology that will have negative impacts on privacy or agency. This important program resulted from the Building Digital Resilience for COVID-19 Pandemic Response and Recovery Webinar Series that IEEE SA hosted in collaboration with eWorldwide Group.
These efforts will help bridge the digital divide across and among countries at all levels to ensure that vulnerable communities with special needs are not left behind in a progressively digital world, where services and support are increasingly based on digital awareness, literacy, and access.
It leverages our collective portfolio and expertise to assess the current situation, identify gaps, and develop a targeted and implementable set of deliverables based on a foundational white paper, and including digital resilience profiles, ecosystem mapping, multidimensional roadmaps and standards, architectures to support adoption, while respecting principles of human rights, dignity, agency, and wellbeing in critical areas.
Recently Published White Papers
- SMART Logistics and Supply Chain Chair: Rezwanul Haque Jami
- Digital Sovereignty, Trust and Social Media Chair: Nicholas Napp
- Digital Identity and Digital Inclusion Chair: Dr Rajendra Kumar
- Digital Economy and Financial Inclusion Chair: Raja Segaran
- e-Health and Telemedicine Chair: Prof. Bong-Keun Jung
- Building Human Digital Resilience Chair: Sarah Pinnock
- e-Resilience in Education Systems Chair: Ashirwad Tripathy
For information on the sub-committees’ meetings and ongoing activities, please visit the Digital Resilience Wiki Page.
- Technology, Equality and Equity for Global Vaccination Certificates and Passports (Feb 2022, Webinar)
- Building Digital Resilience to Support COVID-19 Management, Mitigation and Response (June 2021, Webinar)
- Building Digital Resilience to Support COVID-19 Management, Mitigation and Response (May 2021, Webinar)
- Webinar Series in collaboration with eWorldwide Group: Building Digital Resilience for COVID-19 Pandemic Response and Recovery (April 2020, Presentation Download)