The purpose of this initiative is to focus on an International Roadmap for Devices and Systems (IRDS) via the establishment of an interest group closely aligned with the advancement of the electronics industry ecosystem. This activity’s newly assembled team will identify challenges and solutions to help guide IRDS research driven by:
- National laboratories
Activity members will collaborate in the development of this roadmap, as well as engage with other segments of the IEEE in complementary activities (e.g. conferences) that help assure alignment and consensus across a range of stakeholders.
Exploration of this activity may include:
- Identifying key trends related to devices, systems, and all related technologies by generating a roadmap with a 15 year horizon
- Determining generic devices and systems needs
- Replacing the current existing International Roadmap for Semiconductors (ITRS)
We invite individuals with an interest in advancing the electronics industry ecosystem and its long-term trends. This highly collaborative initiative will be spearheaded by an interest group focused on creating an IRDS. Complementary activities may lead to future standards proposals as well as various activities within segments of IEEE.
The primary output of this Industry Connections activity is the development and delivery of a roadmap document outlining recommendations for the electronics industry.
Potential Markets Include:
International Electronics Industry
Types of Manufacturers and Vendors:
- Computer Manufacturers
- Process and Device Modeling Companies
- MEMs and NEMs Manufacturers
- Semiconductor Process Equipment Manufacturers
- Integrated Circuit CAD Vendors
To gain additional information and/or express your interest to participate in this initiative, please contact Dr. Paolo Gargini, Consultant at Stanford University, IEEE Affiliate, or Dr. Thomas M. Conte, Georgia Institute of Technology, IEEE Computer Society.
Gain more information at irds.ieee.org.