Industrial AI differs from consumer AI applications in terms of data quality and privacy aspects, information content, and impact of AI on various stakeholders. In order to clearly identify requirements toward standardization, a use case-driven approach needs to be developed to clearly establish expectations from all stakeholders. Since there are already established standards governing industrial automation, it is important to identify possible overlaps with industrial AI requirements and identify potential gaps that need to be bridged by new standards. A focused industrial AI-based approach will help in accelerating this work.
We welcome new participants from large and small corporations, academia, industry, and government agencies that are interested in industrial AI.
This will serve the global market focusing on the following domains:
- Autonomous operations
- Power generation
- Building automation
- Supply chain and logistics
Proposed deliverables and outcomes from this Industry Connections activity may include documents (e.g., white papers, reports), proposals for standards, conferences and workshops, databases, computer code, etc.
- Template for use case collection with specific focus on capturing requirements toward standardization.
- Representative industrial AI use cases covering domains such as condition monitoring, predictive maintenance, logistics and supply chain, and manufacturing productivity.
- Gap analysis with respect to existing standards (as well as ongoing standardization activities) and identification of opportunities that encourage standardization.
- Proposal of standards based on gap analysis. In areas where the scope of standards is well defined to address specific use case requirements, parallel standards proposal will be submitted ahead of time.
- Workshops, conferences, etc., for discussions, deliberations as appropriate.
How to Participate
To learn how to join the Pre-Standardization Activities on Industrial AI team, please express your interest by sending an inquiry to: