ElectorGroupId (ELGRPID): IEEE Std 1609.2.1™
The ElectorGroupId is an identifier specified in IEEE Std 1609.2.1 and used to identify a Certificate Trust List (CTL). A CTL records the list of root Certificate Authority (CA) certificates that are trusted by a SCMS Manager. These root CAs have agreed to follow and enforce the certificate policies and practices of that SCMS Manager. The SCMS Manager also appoints a group of Electors. Each Elector in the group provides a signature on the CTL contents, enabling other participants in the system to trust the CTL.
The CTL also contains information necessary for the perpetuation of future versions of the CTL: The Elector certificates to be used to sign the next CTL in the series, and the “quorum,” which is the minimum number of valid Elector signatures on the next CTL that must be known to any participant in the system for that participant to consider that CTL valid.
The ElectorGroupId is an identifier of the CTL series. It is required to be globally unique and so its allocation is managed by the IEEE RA.
The assignee of an ElectorGroupId is known as the SCMS Manager of that ElectorGroupId.
For more details, see IEEE Std 1609.2.1 or the tutorial.
|IEEE Std 1609.2.1 AcpcTreeId||US $700|
|IEEE does not accept requests for applicant-specified identifiers.|
Please search our public ElectorGroupId listing to determine whether your company or any parent/subsidiary companies already own an ElectorGroupId assignment. If your Organization has already been issued an assignment, please email us to obtain contact information for the Administrator of the assignment.
- Complete and submit the ElectorGroupId application (PDF) by fax or mail. Applications expire after 30 days.
- Any questions regarding your application will be sent to the REQUESTOR.
- Applications are reviewed within 90 days and additional clarification may be required by our review committee.
- Once the application has been approved, it will be processed within 7 business days. Assignment details are sent to the primary applicant upon approval or rejection.
- This assignment applies to the IEEE 1609.2.1-2020 – IEEE Standard for Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments (WAVE) – Certificate Management Interfaces for End-Entities
- The application and ElectorGroupId assignees have an obligation and responsibility to manage the assigned ElectorGroupId and to minimize unused ElectorGroupIds.